What is the Local Offer?
All local authorities must publish a Local Offer, setting out in one place information about provision they expect to be available across education, health and social care for children and young people in their area who have Special Educational Needs (SEN) or are disabled, including those who do not have Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans. In setting out what they ‘expect to be available’, local authorities should include provision which they believe will actually be available.
The Local Offer has two key purposes:
to provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it; and
to make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving disabled children and those with SEN and their parents and carers, and disabled young people and those with SEN, and service providers in its development and review.’ SEND Code of Practice
Bradford Local Offer
The Local Offer is a new way of giving children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) 0-25 and their parents or carers information about what activities, services and support is available across education, health and social care (Inc. voluntary sector) in the area where you live.
As well as the Bradford Local Offer website offering details of services, we have an alternative format to the website;
You can contact the Local Offer by email or telephone using the details below;
01274 439261 Mon-Thurs 8.30am-5pm Fri 8.30am-4.30pm
We have co-produced our Local Offer Information pocket booklet with children and young people and parent carers. The pocket sized concertina booklet provides an overview about what the Local Offer is, how it can help you, what you will find on the site, how to be involved and how to order more copies of the booklet. Every effort has been made to ensure the overview information within this pocket booklet is accurate at the time of going to print, Aug 2017. Revised 2018. Click on the Local Offer Information pocket booklet link above to download the PDF leaflet and print out.
If you would like additional copies of this booklet or are aware of any changes to the information contained in this booklet, please contact the Local Offer Telephone helpline on 01274 439261.
Who is the Local Offer for?
Children and young people who have special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) from birth to 25 years and their parent/carers and SEND Service providers.
How does it help you?
It will make it easier to find out what you need to know, when you need to know it. It tells you where the nearest and most suitable services are. letting you give feedback, raise concerns or make a comment or complaint about the LO website or SEND services.
The information available contains information and links to organisations which may help you.
You can use the website to give feedback, raise concerns or make a comment or complaint.
What kind of information can i find out about?
You can find out about SEND information and a range of services across education, health and social care including the voluntary, social enterprise and voluntary sector services.
You can use the services section here to find out about;
- Preparing for Adulthood, Employment and Training
- Education (Provisions)
- Getting Around
- Information and Advice
- Things to do
- Social Care
- Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) & Personal Budgets
- Have your say (co-production and feedback)
- Videos for children and young people
Within services, please use the main, sub categories and filter options, to narrow searches to meet your needs.
In addition to the search for a service section we have a useful news section and monthly e-newsletter (link below) to provide you information about events, stories and useful information.
LO Information Website: LO Website
LO Social Media:
LO Facebook LO Twitter
Local Offer E-Newsletter:
Read our latest Bradford SEND Partnership Newsletter for all the latest SEND news and information click here
To receive the newsletter direct your inbox, sign up here
Have your say about Bradford's Local Offer here
Who are the Local Offer and SEND Transformation & Compliance team in Bradford?
The Local Offer sits within the Bradford Council SEND Transformation & Compliance Team structure at Margaret McMillian Tower In Bradford.
The SEND Transformation & Compliance (T&C) Team consists of:
Jane Hall - T&C Manager
Sarah Pawson - Local Offer Lead
Joel Herbert - T&C Coordinator
Josh Wadsworth - T&C Coordinator
Luke Metcalfe - T&C Coordinator
To have a look at some of the teams key achievements since August 2019 please follow the links below.
- August to December 2019
- January to May 2020
- 29/07/2020 - The Summer T&C Team update can be found here
- 29/07/2020 - Our SEND Data Key Indicators for the end of June is now available here
- 10/07/2020 - SEND Partnership meeting held - the minutes can be found here
- 26/06/2020 - SEND Partnership meeting held - the minutes can be found here
- 12/06/2020 - SEND Partnership meeting held - the minutes can be found here
- 12/06/2020 - 'CYP Outcomes Framework' survey came to a close - your top statements can be found here
- 29/05/2020 - SEND Partnership meeting held - the minutes can be found here
- 22/05/2020 - Our SEND Data Key Indicators for the end of April is now available here
- 22/05/2020 - Our second team update can be found here
- 15/05/2020 - SEND Partnership meeting held - the minutes can be found here
- 13/05/2020 - We took part in an online session for Thinking Big - the presentation from the event can be found here
- 01/05/2020 - SEND Partnership meeting held - the minutes can be found here
- 20/04/2020 - We have created another one of our new One Minute Guides and had some very positive feedback from our Parent Ambassadors. To see our One Minute Guides, click here.
- 09/04/2020 - Our SEND Data Key Indicators for the end of March is now available here
- 09/04/2020 - Here is an update to what the team have been on with during lock down.
- 06/04/2020 - We are in the process of producing One Minute Guides, for those new to the world of SEND and EHCPs.
- 01/04/2020 - We would like to welcome our new member Luke to the team!
SEND T&C Consultations
- CYP Outcomes Survey
- Short Breaks Survey - For more info on Short Breaks click here.